The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster cocktail©
- Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol’ Janx Spirit.
- Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V (Oh, that Santragian seawater! Oh, those Santragian fish!)
- Allow three cubes of Arcturian Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzine is lost).
- Allow four liters of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in honor of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
- Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qalactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heavy odors of the dark Qalactin Zones, subtle, sweet, and mystic.
- Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
- Sprinkle Zamphuor.
- Add an olive.
- Drink…but…very carefully…
This effect of this drink have been described as “like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon, wrapped ’round a large gold brick’.”
Another version of the recipe:
- 1.5 shots 151 Proof Rum
- 1/4 shot Tequila
- 1/4 shot Gin
- 2/3 shot of Triple Sec
- 1 shot of Blue Curaçao
- 1 dash Bitters
- 1 dash Grenadine
Have I tried one?
No, I have not, quite frankly it sounds like a ‘scary’ combination of liquor.
Where I found the recipe
I got this cocktail out of my 1987 Leather Bound Edition of “The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy”. One of my favorite and much loved books in my collection, a book that I treasure and that I hope will find an appreciative home after I have gone.